A Travel Blog by Lakes Region Airport ShuttleSubscribe to LR Lately | View All Posts
Tom Turkey Goes Better with Drinks!Posted On: 11/11/2015
The food is the most important element to a successful Thanksgiving gathering. You get the opportunity to catch up with extended family and try your cooking skills on a ten pound bird! The mashed potatoes, squash, cranberry sauce, breads, and vegetables are all key to your meal...but...what about the drinks? Today, we’re offering you a Thanksgiving punch option that you can choose to booze or not! Try out our recipe and see what you think!
2 cups of banana puree (4 or 5 bananas)
¼ cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
3 cups of strawberry puree (fresh or frozen, use more sugar if fresh)
12 ounces of frozen orange juice
12 ounces of frozen lemonade
12 ounces of fruit punch
1 ½ quarts of cranberry juice
1 quart of ginger ale or sprite
1 pint of strawberry yogurt or sherbet
Stir It Up!
1. Blend bananas in an electric blender or mixer and add the lemon juice and sugar to this mixture.
2. Blend the strawberries and add them to that banana puree
3. Combine puree, thawed orange juice, and thawed lemonade together. Chill!
4. Take your chilled mixture and put it in your big, fancy punch bowl. Add chilled fruit punch, cranberry juice, and then stir well!
5. Slowly add your ginger ale or sprite.
6. Drop in small scoops of your sherbet or yogurt and serve immediately!
Drink and Enjoy!
If your Thanksgiving party is mostly adults, feel free to add in some vodka to your punch! Or omit either the cranberry juice or fruit punch for a flavored vodka or fruity schnapps. This fruity punch is sure to be a hit with your extended family and fig infused Tom Turkey! We hope your family’s Thanksgiving makes you feel more thankful than ever!
What are your most important family Thanksgiving traditions? Let us know on Twitter! @LakesRegAirport
- February, 2017
- January, 2017
- December, 2016
- November, 2016
- October, 2016
- September, 2016
- August, 2016
- July, 2016
- June, 2016
- May, 2016
- April, 2016
- March, 2016
- February, 2016
- January, 2016
- December, 2015
- November, 2015
- October, 2015
- September, 2015
- August, 2015
- July, 2015
- June, 2015
- May, 2015
- April, 2015
- March, 2015
- February, 2015